
Well, it's finished! Chris gets the 'engineer of the year' award for the most amazing fence ever. We still have to find some post caps that we like...but we're calling it done.
We had our housewarming party on, what turned out to be, a beautiful July Saturday and had lots of family and friends come help us celebrate home ownership and the completion of our fence project. I sure love my friends. Nicole and Stella also spent a busy three days with us and headed back to MN on Sunday. I sure miss my friend and now I'll miss her daughter, too!
 |
| Erin, Nicole, Heather and Emily |
On a whim (that's usually how it happens) we picked up a couple of tomato plants at Home Depot and planted them one sunny afternoon, too. They're growing AND we've got three tomatoes on one plant! My Dad says that we could 'bake pottery in the backyard it's so hot', so we're hoping that is one advantage we'll have when trying to grow yummy things to eat.


July turned out to be quite the month for running for us. I was originally training for the Warrior Dash on the 22nd because I didn't want to be embarrassed again by not being able to run, but I was still worried (not sure why...I trained for 9 weeks!) I wouldn't be able to do it. Chris and I signed up for the Firecracker 5K midnight run the night before the Fourth of July. It was really fun and next year I'm going to have to plan an outfit, I felt completely under-pizzazzed. The run was challenging for a couple of reasons. I think the time of day was tough as I hadn't ever run at midnight before (!). Also, a week and a half before the race I took myself out in the grocery store (literally), spraining my ankle and couldn't walk on it for 3 days. This put training out for the week and a half before the race. Oops. Chris says no more high heels in the grocery store (they were
kitten heels, really!).
 |
| The best self-portrait while running EVER. |
 |
| At the finish! |
And, of course, then there was the Warrior Dash, which was really fun! I was glad that Chris and Drew could run ahead at their own pace this year and didn't have me slowing them down. Jessica, my Dad and I ran together and did great! I'm especially proud of Jessica for completing every single obstacle, even though there were a few that were daunting at first. My Dad was a great coach, as always, and my favorite picture is the one of the two of us together at the end. Enjoy the pictures! More August projects to come in the next post.
 |
| Jessica and Emily at the end! |
 |
| What a stud. |
 |
| Warriors! |
 |
| I still look like a goon, but I was having so much fun! |
Aaaaahhh! :) So much fun. You and your dad were too sweet to me.
ReplyDelete