| Zoë needed a little light protection for her eyes. |
| Dad with Zoë for the first time. |
We got the green go-ahead at about two minutes to 7am, so it was a pretty quick turn-around from laying in bed with high platelets and a lower liver functions level to being opened up on an operating table.
Sparing you many of the details of my first major surgery, it went very well. In fact, it went better than any doctor thought it would. We didn't need any of the blood standing by in case I lost a whole bunch, didn't have any problems getting her outta there in a good amount of time, etc. When they got her out, we heard her squeek, the doctor held her up over the blue curtain so I could see her briefly and then she was whisked away to the NICU. A few moments later, the staff in the operating room told Chris to stand up and go walk over to the window she had been handed through to hear the set of lungs she had on her. I guess it was pretty impressive!
| Mom with Zoë for the first time. |
| Daddy gets to touch Zoë...so gentle. |
Over the next few days, I will stay in the hospital and be able to see Zoë whenever I want to! It's weird to have a routine now that does not involve the watch of the hospital staff like it did the past three and a half days. It's definitely quieter and more relaxing and Chris and I have a lot of time to ourselves. So if you'd like to stop by to say hi for a small amount of time, please do so, but know that you just won't get to see Zoë yet. :( That's why I'll keep updating this blog so you at least get good pictures. Let us know if you are coming and we'll make sure it's a good time.
Zoë has lots of work to do to continue to develop properly, but she's on the right pathway to recovery. We'll keep you in the loop!
Love,
Chris, Emily, and Zoë
Wow. Wishing you and your little family all the best. Zoe is a great name. Kim Wacker
ReplyDeleteI cannot believe she DOES look like a baby! Amazing!! She's so strong. I'm so proud of you!! :) Love, j
ReplyDeleteHaving had a preemie 23 years ago...@ 2 lbs 10 oz. ...when I saw Riley 3 days after his birth ~ I exclaimed how I could see his bone structure and how much he looked like his daddy! Full term babies can be so chubby it's a while till you can discern familial traits! Stay strong! The howe family is holding you in prayer!
ReplyDeleteWith tears of joy I am filled with love for Zoe and her Mama and Papa. Amazing. She is amazing. You are both amazing. Your wise, warm, calm optimism shows what amazing parents you already are. Zoe's resilience, strength, and vocal aptitude show us but the beginning of this phenomenal woman. Oh I can't wait to see your whole family!! Love to you all!
ReplyDeleteWow, thats the first thing that came to mind! Congrats on baby girl and hope everything goes well with you and baby Zoe. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and fam and we will continue to monitor your progress through your blog.
ReplyDeleteLove, The Younts
John, Danae, Braylen, and our newest Clyde