Thursday, August 13, 2015

Happy Four Months, Oliver!


Our boy is 4 months old!!! One third of the way through his first year and the time is flying by.  He has pretty much mastered rolling, with a little push every once and a while.  He's to the point where he'll roll from his back to stomach automatically when put down, but dislikes being on his tummy so he starts to cry and fret and doesn't know how to roll himself back consistently yet.  He's tolerating forced tummy time much better, and is starting to grasp toys and blankets and hair (ouch!).   I have a feeling he will master sitting sooner rather than later.  His four month appointment was today and he weighs 18 1/2 pounds and is 27 inches in length.  Above the 97th percentile, still.  In Albuquerque he started taking one really long afternoon nap, so I wonder if he's transitioning to a three nap a day schedule, which would be awesome.  My favorite new thing is the way he rubs his eyes when he's sleepy.  It's adorable!  He also responds to his name about 75% of the time.




Oliver and I just returned from our week-long trip to visit new cousin Mason, Teta, and Uncle Jed.  He was the perfect traveling companion.  I know that people take their kids on airplanes all the time without huge accolades, but I feel that I deserve a medal for getting the car seat, stroller, suitcase, camera bag, carry on, and, oh yeah, the infant I wore in the Ergo onto a plane on time, kept him fed and happy for two and a half hours without a major melt down (both him or me).  It is definitely not for the faint of heart.  Every time I do something like that on my own I appreciate Chris more and more for all of the wonderful things he helps me with.


It was so fun to meet my new nephew and watch Angela and Jed be parents.  They are figuring out daily life with an infant perfectly and look just the right amount of tired.  ;-)   Mason and Oliver are going to be best buds as they grow up and they are doomed to many years of matching outfits.

Zoë had a great week at home hanging out with Chris, Babadedo (they have now become one name), and Grandma and Grandpa for the week.  It involved an introduction to Hungry, Hungry Hippos, a fun bike ride with Dad, pool time and baking.  I was very excited to see her (and Chris!) when I got home and I have a feeling she felt the same way.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment