He is now cruising along the furniture easily and prefers to push the walking toys while on his knees. He's done it a few times on his feet, but it's definitely not the norm. He HAS attempted to let go of the furniture and throws his hands up in the air as if to say, "See! Look at me!" before he falls down.
The falling down happens a lot, though. Just this morning he executed the most graceful fall onto his face ever, which resulted in a really bloody and fat lip from his teeth crunching into it when he fell down. It was very hard to not laugh while comforting him because it was an incredible move. Poor guy.

He has grown to LOVE the trampoline that Zoë got for Christmas and loves to both sit on it while she bounces or gets up on his own feet and bounces. He also has developed a taste for the rubber that protects the handlebar and taken out several chunks with his teeth. He attempts to bounce AND chew it at the same time which is really funny to watch...if only he weren't destroying the handlebar. He's been chewing on EVERYTHING. I feel like we have another puppy in the house. He's taken several good chunks out of the window sill, destroyed some magnets, board books, and puts any toy he can in his mouth. I swear he's teething, but I don't see anything new coming through.
![]() |
| Clearly, he's got plenty of food in the reserves... |
![]() |
| Enjoying some mac and cheese and mini pepperoni. |
Oliver is finally eating better and slowing down a bit on how much formula he takes. He weighed in last week at 24.5 pounds. We're trying to get him to eat 3 meals a day of solid food and we've finally determined that it's better if we just feed him because he thinks it's HILARIOUS to grab fistfuls of food, hold them out over his tray, look at us and then release the food on the floor. Any attempts with a sharp "NO" are met with a charming smile and giggle. Grrrr... He makes a beeline for the dog food and loves to chew on that, too.
Naps continue to be a daily challenge. He naps about 20-30 minutes at a time and when he wakes up super early (like today, 6am!) he will take 3 small naps. But usually we're at a two nap pattern. He will scream and scream and scream for 5-10 minutes while I stand right there, pop his pacifier back into his mouth, and rub his back until, I think, he's screamed out. It's exhausting. AND, when he wakes up in the middle of the night (which is rare, but does happen on occasion) he won't go back to sleep if I go in, so poor Chris is back on middle-of-the-night put-him-back-to-sleep duty.
![]() |
| Quiet time. Oliver was camped outside of Z's bedroom door. |
Zoë is done taking naps. :'( Insert LARGE tear drop slowly moving down my face here. She is really great at doing "quiet time" in her room, though. I just have to get better at timing it so she's in there right when Oliver goes down for his afternoon nap (which is later than she usually would nap). If she happens to protest after not long in her room and I still had my heart set on a nap, I'll throw her into my bed with my phone and let her watch PBS kids while I snooze. NEVER thought I'd do that in a million years. Motherhood.
![]() |
| BaLLET! I'm a ballerEEEENA! |
She is getting ready for her first ballet class next month and is loving all of the accessories dance class comes with. I can't WAIT to go buy her some tap shoes; we've already been shopping.
![]() |
| Favorite coffee date. |
Her 3rd (!) birthday is just a week and a half away and we're celebrating at The Little Gym with her friends on Saturday. I SO can't wait to have all of her friends at her favorite place AND to not have to clean our house. So THIS is why people have birthday parties other places...more to come with a birthday party update next week.
![]() |
| We had a girls only date with Teta and Baba last weekend. 'Mnastics, coffee, shoe shopping, and lunch at Five Guys. |
![]() |
| Teta teaching Zoë "Too Slow" |










No comments:
Post a Comment