
It is crazy how busy we've been this summer. I have NEVER ever felt this busy doing...what feels like not much. Not much is parks, playdates, swim lessons, a trip to Sunriver, working in my new classroom, a trip to Portland, training for the STP, training for a half marathon, hosting BBQs, swimming in the pool, and, well, more.
In all honesty, I am being driven crazy by the two screamers I spend my days with. Between Oliver, who yells if you don't get him food fast enough, and Zoë, who's having the hardest time sharing, not clotheslining her brother, and, in general, being a reasonable human being, I am ready to crack a bottle of wine every. single. day. Oliver is SO dependent on me and refuses to go to Chris if I'm in the room. Zoë whines and cries about every thing. Every thing. More on this later, let's get to the more fun stuff. :)
We went to Sunriver at the beginning of the month for the Fourth of July and had a great time. We stayed (for the last time) in the smallest studio condo at the resort, which had some challenges in getting two kids to sleep at night, but it was also the cheapest condo in Sunriver. :) We enjoyed doughnuts every morning from the Hot Lava Baking Company, ice cream every night at Goody's, went on lots of bike rides (Chris did a training ride up to Mt. Bachelor, too!), visited the Nature Center, ran a 10K (almost a 10K...it was actually a mile short), watched the fireworks in Bend, had the most delicious Mexican food at a restaurant called Hola! in the Old Mill District, swam at the SHARC, survived Zoë getting sick from what we believe was a little dehydration+excitement over the day's activities, Zoë rode a pony, they both rode the small train in The Village, and bounced in the bounce houses. It was a big week and the kids even did ok on the car rides to and from (we found the perfect half way point up at the Mt. Hood summit).We traveled down to Portland the day Chris did the STP and spent the night after a fun day of the Hands On Children's Museum in Olympia, meeting him and his friend Bobby for lunch in Chehalis, having dinner with Avery and Alison once we made it to Portland, and hanging out while we waited for the men to arrive in Portland. Nearly 17 hours after they left Seattle the guys arrived. I am so proud of Chris, what an accomplishment! He has since hung up his bike, he says, until next year. But, a pretty cool thing to be able to say he did.
Oliver is RUNNING, walking straight off of things (like the couch, stairs, pieces of playground equipment, etc), climbing, able to get up the playground by himself and slide down the slides that even his sister, until just recently, wouldn't even go down. His sleeping has been ok, until about 4:30am at which point Chris has to go in and put him back down because Oliver wouldn't go back to sleep for me (I'm a sucker, apparently). 

Zoë has just been growing like a weed. I swear she's put on a few pounds since her birthday and definitely grown taller. She took swim lessons for the last two weeks and was the only child that cried every day. I didn't have to force her to go, she LOVED going, but she didn't like being dunked under or playing "shark" with her entire class, so that would usually end in tears. Her teacher was firm but really gave Zoë positive feedback when she did something new. But, for the entire summer so far she has insisted on holding onto me in the pool with a death grip and screaming if I somehow get away from her. It's been difficult holding onto both kids in the water when Chris isn't around. On Saturday we had a BBQ and all of a sudden she said, "I want to get back in the pool". I grabbed her, held on to her, she told me to put her back on the side, and then all of a sudden she let go and started kicking ON HER OWN. It was AMAZING and my proudest moment of the summer! And then she didn't want to get out of the water. SUPER cool. I can't wait for her to get back in!




No comments:
Post a Comment