Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Just an update...

Oliver's verbal skills have skyrocketed and he is Mr. Detail Keeper.  He loves to add details to whatever he's talking about and fill whomever in on the rest of the story.  The way he says "Daddy" or "Mama" with a slight lilt on the end of the word when he's got something exciting to say is just heartwarming.  He is loving gymnastics and his skills are growing.  His forward rolls are on point, he is awesome at the beam, he can jump with both feet, and he surprises (and scares) me each week with what he is willing to try.  He is still napping for two hours every afternoon like a champ as long as we're at home and on our typical schedule.  He goes to bed easily and still wakes up earlier than I'd like (6:45).  He is an accomplished singer of the ABCs (needs prompting at W), counting to 14 (minus number 7), and when asked his name he says "Oliver Finn Seaman Finn Seaman".

Stubborn is still the best descriptor of him and when he doesn't want to do something he screams forever.  He is most stubborn about washing his hands "no touch!", getting dressed to go out of the house, and cleaning up (though he does pretty well with this if we can't do something else UNTIL we clean up).

Zoë is absolutely loving school, though she had a super soggy week last week with one day ending in tears because she was so cold.  I felt so badly because she didn't have waterproof gloves and made sure we picked up the ones I had sent to the REI store the very next day.  She learns SO much and has gotten better at telling me about her day when she comes home, which makes me so happy!  The girl loves to sing and dance and tell stories.  She is an amazing ballerina and I love watching her in class with all of the big girls.  She recently started with the 5-7 year olds and she is the tiniest, cutest, 4 year old with all of those big kids!  What she lacks in muscle and balance she makes up in her focus and determination.  I think we may have a lifelong ballerina on our hands!  Her winter showcase is coming up in a week and a half and I can't wait!

I also just filled out her Kindergarten registration form and I can't believe I have to drop it off at the school in January.  More on that later...but I am going to be an emotional rollercoaster.

We are surprising her with a trip to Disneyland for her birthday and I can't wait!  So much planning already and so much more to go, but I think I've got a good handle on it until at least after the holidays for now.  We are having a SMALL birthday party for her with just a handful of her friends so she doesn't think anything funny is going on and then we'll head out on the 20th to the happiest place on earth!

We've sprung into the holidays full speed ahead.  Zoë's elf Alice brought a friend this year for Oliver and he named him Lightning (after I tried to get him to name Lyle...but that's ok).  Chris did a beautiful job on all of our lights outside and as usual, we have the prettiest house on the street!  We already went to Snowflake Lane, will go to Zoolights tomorrow, and the kids are going to spend two nights at Baba and Dedo's house this weekend to have some fun and give us a breather.  I'm also running my second half marathon in two weeks on Saturday as a qualifier for the Half Fanatics club.  I ran the Seattle Half Marathon last weekend and while it was SUPER hilly and the weather was iffy, it was still fun and felt like an accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment