...expensive. And there's such a long to-do list. Our first priority (we thought) was getting up a fence around the back yard so that the monster (Fiona) couldn't run out into the street and in front of any more cars. She did it once and I think I had a heart attack. After some research, we realized that with the budget we set for home repairs and projects, we wouldn't be able to swing the fence this month...we'd have to save up for three months to get it done. So, we set that thought aside and finished taxes. Guess which project Uncle Sam will be funding with our refund? That's right, a fence. :) So, Chris is going to do some more research and planning while I'm away in NM this week visiting Angela.
In the meantime, we know we need to get the gutter situation under control (it's still not draining properly) and also get our grass (what little of it there is) growing properly and weed (read: dandelion) free. It seems like the dandelions popped up overnight and if you need any dandelion tea, we're sure we could probably get you a year's worth of it just from our backyard. I also want to work on some curtains for windows (As Chris mentioned today when I walked into the kitchen after my shower, sans clothes: "You know, these are going to be our neighbors for a while...") so we can have some privacy and don't embarrass ourselves. :)
![]() |
| AFTER |
| BEFORE |
So, while Chris slaved away outside today, I stayed inside and put the cart together. It's the first piece of IKEA furniture that I haven't used the allen wrench that comes with the furniture for (it didn't have one!) and instead used a drill. No lie. It's a real piece of furniture. :) The dogs helped me, too, of course. And, my new favorite thing about our house is the beautiful Camellia outside our living room window that's now in bloom. Pretty!


I'm so glad you and Chris can survive IKEA! Things look good!
ReplyDeleteHome ownership is indeed expensive but the satisfaction that it gives you after all those expenses can make you realize that it’s all worth it. I’m having a major house renovation, and I’ve decided to take out a home improvement loan so that I can cope with the expenses. With it, I can already see my dream house turning into reality. :)
ReplyDelete-^ Nannie Toller ^-
It’s not just expensive Emily, it’s also a lot messy! Haha! I have to deal with a lot of mess inside the house since the renovations started last month. I’m glad that my creditor gave me great deals with my loan and it’s easier for me to pay and handle the debt too. I’m pretty excited to see the results of my redo, and yours too. :)
ReplyDelete-^ Armandina Skerl ^-
Owning a home expensive, Emily and I can see that even though you’re kinda bothered about the expenses, you’re still having fun in making your house comfortable. I’ve been reading your blogs and I’m so happy to know that your family is doing good. I hope that this house can be a great home for you and your family. Well, that includes Fiona and Joe. :)
ReplyDelete[ Lakisha Zimmerer ]
Hi Lakisha,
DeleteThank you for your kind words. How do we know each other?