It really has been a quiet month, though we've still accomplished quite a bit. Chris and I slinked back to Weight Watchers and have been really proud of ourselves with our (back to) progress. It's so nice to have each other's support and we feel good! That's what it's all about, right? On that note, Chris got back to running and I decided to give it a try. I figured that with the Warrior Dash coming up in July that I'm going to embarrass myself if I don't start doing some kind of training. With the encouragement of Jenny who recently started a similar program, and the knowledge that lots of my other friends have done similar things in the past couple of months, I downloaded a Couch to 5K app onto my phone and am on week three of the plan. Chris encouraged (forced) me to go and get some running shoes and after two hours at the running store, I had myself an extremely comfortable, well fitting pair of fitted shoes (that are NOT purple and yellow).

We celebrated Fiona's 2nd birthday on the 22nd and got her the best toy in the entire world, a Dart from thinkgeek.com. Watch the video and you'll feel the need to buy one for your cat, dog, or husband. There is a timer on the Dart so we can walk away and leave Fiona to play (which she's perfectly happy to do), but both Chris and I find ourselves just sitting there and watching her because she's having so much fun. Joe even jumps in every once and a while.
 |
| Crooked curtain rod. Er, house. |
I started working on the curtain panels we're putting in front of our closet in the bedroom. We took the doors out because they were huge, took up too much space, and caught on the carpet. Chris hung the curtain rod and, believe it or not, it IS level...it's our house that is not. Sooooo, Chris rehung the curtain rod. Now I'm working on the panels...I'll post a picture when they're done!
 |
| The massive mole hills |
Possibly the biggest accomplishment of the month is the big magnificent mole mustering Chris has done. He and my dad set the traps a couple of weekends ago (Dad has a thing for getting moles from many, many years of mole hunting, himself). Right after the traps were set, there were LITERALLY 10 more mole hills all over the yard, so Chris moved the traps and faithfully checked them every day. Finally, finally, one afternoon he checked the traps and SUCCESS! It was a great celebration and now, no new mole hills for several days. Yippee!
 |
| Got one! |
We have materials arriving on Friday for our fence, so that'll be the big May project now that the supplies are purchased. We'll just have to wait for a good sunny weekend or two and perhaps a few helping hands! Then, the monster (Fiona) will have a safe place to run and have a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment