Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Running to Red Robin

That's what we're doing tonight.  After Chris cuts some more fence boards and I stain a few more.  :)  I finished my Couch-5K running program last week, thanks to LOTS of encouragement from Jenny and Chris.  Chris was the perfect husband, never pressuring me to run, but ALWAYS telling me I did a great job and asking me how it went when I got back to the house, sweaty and gross.  And Jenny's texts were enough to keep me going most days.  She kept me safe when Chris wasn't home, "If I don't text you within the hour, I've been abducted, call 911", told me I kicked ass, and helped me feel better when it was just as tough for her as it was for me (sometimes you just need someone to commiserate with, you know?).  Now, it's up to me to KEEP running before the Warrior Dash so that all of my hard work doesn't go to waste.  So, tonight I'm going to do my first run with someone else, and we're going to run to Red Robin and have a milkshake.  Good plan.
The fence from the front, outside.


As far as the house goes, the fence is coming together little piece by little piece.  It actually LOOKS like a fence, and a damn good one at that!  Even our pile of wood is diminishing (thank goodness!).  Once we get the cedar boards up, we'll be able to work on the top boards to add a finished look to the fence.  We've got to have it done by our housewarming party (July 21st...you're invited!)
A smaller pile of wood than we originally had...

And, in other news...we're not only having a housewarming party in July, we're also having some real house guests!  OK, Drew has stayed over, and Angela was here for one night when she was in town...so they won't be our first, but I'm so excited!  :)  So that means I need to get some curtains up in our guest room (I'm sure our neighbors to the north have seen my naked butt in the window a time or two as my clothes are in the closet, but oh well) and hopefully in the kitchen as well.
The guest room!
I will also be working on curtains (still) for our kitchen window.  I have the fabric already (I can't wait to work on it, it's so pretty!), but I'm waiting for next month's budget to come into play to be able to go buy some curtain rods.

Oh, did you notice we still don't have our kitchen table?  That's because it's on a "container".  Grrr...it's supposed to be here at the end of this month.  We will see.  We've had several dinners and a couple of breakfasts with guests sitting at that rickety card table (thanks Mom and Dad for loaning it to us!), but every time Joe jumps up there I'm afraid he's going to take down the entire table.  Hopefully our new bench and table won't be much longer.

You may have also noticed the beautiful flowers we have outside of the kitchen window in a flower planter box my Dad bought for us and planted.  The plants are BEAUTIFUL and apparently doing better than his in his own yard.  :)





And, to wrap up another project, I finally got the third panel completed on our closet panel system from Ikea.  I still have one panel to re-do because in my excitement to start a new project, I forgot to sew a hem in the first panel.  Oops.  I'll fix that someday when I'm REALLY bored.  




And, coming to the end of the pictures is Chris' mole board.  He caught another one!  (merely 12 hours after he put the traps in...another unbelievable feat that irritates my dad.)




 We also spent a lovely Father's day with both of our Dads at the LeMay car museum down in T-town.  It was fun!  Followed by hot dogs at Red Hot and milkshakes at Frisco Freeze.  Yum!

Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment