Though, we're not done, yet. :) Christopher, Vicki, Chris, Gene and Natalie have all been working hard and putting in a lot of time to get the nursery done since we weren't quite there, yet. And, now that the construction phase is over, I can do the part that I find fun: decorating!
 |
| Obligatory "Dad putting together crib" picture. |
When we originally talked about a nursery, we were really excited about a robot theme (Chris because, well, it's ROBOTS and me because I was really against the thought of having an overly stereotypically girly room). When we found out we were having a girl, my interest in a robot theme dwindled quite a bit. Yes, I want my daughter to be smart and enjoy math and science and love all of the nerdy things her Dad and I love...but the thought of a room full of industrial robots for my darling little girl didn't fit the picture inside my head anymore. When I brought this up with Chris about a month ago, I said, "Really, I only agreed to robots to help me feel better about the whole thing if we were having a boy". And he said, "That's funny, that's how I felt about a robot nursery for a little girl". Huh.
Sooooo, as you can see, it's not so robot-y anymore. :) I've picked up more items with flowers and birds than I ever thought I would for this room. But it's sure FUN to pick out girly things. We do have an ADORABLE robot print from Auntie Dianna that still fits (the visual picture in my head) because it's such a cute robot. It will have a special place on the wall when I figure out where I want to place it. Nicole also made Zoë a very cute stuffed robot which is already sitting on the shelf next to her name. The room's still not done, lots more touches to put in the room, but some of you have been asking about Zoë's room...so here's a preview!
 |
| From the doorway... |

From the closet (the bare wall to the left is where the hallway door will be when it gets installed).
In other news,
Zoë has been losing weight. :( She's in a new incubator, so the nurses say that it's just the difference in how she's being weighed. They reassure me that I should look at trends rather than focus on her weight day by day. It's still hard because that's the ONLY number I can focus on when I walk into her room and to see it down 110g one day (!) was startling, to say the least.
She's doing ok with keeping her food down, and down to a 30 minute pump. The nurse brought her cannula down to a 1.5L flow this morning while I was there, so we'll see if she tolerates that.
Chris is feeling much better and finally got to go to the hospital and hold his little girl last night. YAY!
|
|
We have an awesome print in our bedroom of a robot hugging an octopus. It's done by a local artist who does lots of fun robot pictures. I'll try to track down her info and send it your way :)
ReplyDelete