 |
| Grandma and Grandpa visit! |
 |
| She's so tiny! |
Zoë has officially been in the NICU for two weeks today and she's made some tremendous strides. She is up to 1310 grams (2lbs, 14.2 oz); nearly two ounces past her birthweight. As of this morning, she is eating 19ml each feeding, although by the time we go back this evening it'll be 20 or 21ml. She hasn't had much trouble with the feedings this time, although there have been a few spit ups WHILE I've been holding her. Each time the nurse reassures me that it's not that much and she's doing just fine. The nurse this morning said they were going to put her on a 45 minute pump to help her with these last few ml, because this is when she was having so much trouble last time. This morning she was on a 1.5l flow with the cannula, although that's been going back and forth so much that it's not really even worth mentioning. :) Her labs and x-rays looked good this morning, too.
She LOVES her pacifier. She sucks on it like crazy, which the nurses say is great and to keep encouraging her to use it. The last couple of days we've come in and she's been dressed! They have the CUTEST little preemie outfits for the babies in the NICU. We have a few outfits for her to try on but we'll wait a bit. They've got to have snaps or an easy way to get to her diaper amid all of the wires that she's hooked to.
 |
| The nurses in the NICU make signs for each of the private rooms...Zoë finally got hers yesterday! |
 |
|
So, things are going pretty smoothly. I keep hoping and praying that she tolerates the full feeds this time and we don't have to start back over again. I'm afraid I've become an anxious mother asking the nurses first off when I get there how her feedings are going. Time will tell on that one. I love going into the hospital in the morning to have alone time with her for an hour or two, and then Chris and I go in after he gets back from work for her 6pm care time and he holds her. We've come to terms with the fact that this back and forth business is exhausting. We're typically gone for about 2-3 hours in the evening to give you an idea of what we're doing. Thanks to those of you who have dropped by food, I can't imagine a better gift for us right now. It's so nice to have something to pull out of the fridge either before we go or when we come home that is super easy (and REALLY delicious). Thank you!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment