Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Let me tell you a little bit about Chris as a father.  He is amazing.  He is patient (of course we knew this already, he married me for heaven's sake!).  He works hard at work and then comes home and works even harder (you don't have to convince me that sitting and holding your daughter for hours on end is hard work!).  He repairs dishwashers, toilets, broken chairs, plugged garbage disposals, bad paint jobs, and anything else that I break around the house.  He talks to Zoë and he tells her all sorts of silly things from the plot lines of Dr. Who to why she will not be allowed to wear certain things when she's 16.  He cheers ("ha HA!" with both hands in the air) when he opens a diaper and finds that it's not pooped in.  He laughs when Zoë coos or toots loudly.  He insists that "she needs an outfit with ruffles!" every once and a while.  He pushes the stroller up the really steep hill at the very end of our walks.  He tells me to get out of the house when I'm feeling especially cooped up, even if he just walked in the door from work.  He supports me when I need it, tells me I'm being ridiculous when I should hear it, and loves both Zoë and myself even when we're crabby (and when that happens to be on the same day, he's especially a saint).

I knew when Zoë came along that I would see Chris in a totally different way.  I can't say I love him more because of her, because frankly I've loved him more every day since the day we met.  I can say I love him differently (in addition to) and with more appreciation for all that he does for our little family.    I am thankful for the man and dad he will be for our daughter as she grows up.  Every girl needs a special, patient, and loving dad and I'm so excited to share this parenting adventure with Chris, who fulfills all of those roles and more.  I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment