Not much new to report here, a few fun milestones met (but still not the elusive 'first steps' milestone, argh!).

Zoë took her first steps tonight!!! We've been practicing for about the last month every other night or so after dinner, propping her up either against the couch or between the two of us and enticing her with a toy, or piece of paper, or a book. Tonight was no different except I had a bag of her new favorite (as of this afternoon): fruit snacks. And she started inching forward so I yelled for Chris in the kitchen to grab the video camera and he captured it. Woo hoo! We made sure to FaceTime our families so they could see her first steps, too, which was fun.
 |
| Practicing reading upside down so that her students can see the pictures while she reads. |
 |
| Watching Dad leave the house. |
Whew. Well, everything else I was going to write about seems not as exciting now. I feel like I took my first steps tonight, I'm exhausted and oh-so-excited for tomorrow!

In food news, Zoë has now had peanut butter (loves it!, licks it off whatever vehicle it's attached to). She's been slowing down in the eating department, though, definitely showing that she prefers certain foods (pancakes, banana, yogurt is still on the good to go list) and refuses to eat a lot of vegetables, which is our daily challenge of finding what we can trick her into eating. :) She showed us today that she CAN hold her own bottle. Sheesh, 13 months later...
She's a champ at chugging water and milk (LOVES both) from sippy cups she holds herself, and she has even mastered a straw. It's sure made going out for a meal or even an afternoon of errands knowing we can just bring some snacks with us or order something at a restaurant that we're pretty sure she'll attempt to eat and drink at least.
And finally, she learned how to clap this weekend! One of my favorite new tricks in addition to a vehement shaking of her head as if she really knows what it means. She usually shakes it when we say "no, no" in our sing-song voice, but sometimes she does it when she doesn't want something to eat or when Fiona takes her toy. It's pretty darn cute (until she learns how to say the word 'no' to accompany it, of course).
 |
| Lunch with Dad during mid-winter break. |
 |
| I love string cheese! |
So many new and exciting things! :)
ReplyDelete