We started out last week with a personal day for me and a fun day for both Zoë and myself. We ended up hitting a couple of consignment stores on a really fun sunny afternoon and then met auntie Dianna for coffee. It was great! And then......Zoë was sick for a couple of days starting out with a fun puking spell at daycare on Tuesday. I told some of my coworkers that I feel like I earned a new Motherhood Badge having to leave work early to go be with my sick daughter. Chris went and picked her up from daycare and I came home to be with her. The next day she was also not herself, so I stayed home another day (working only 2.5 days during the week isn't so bad...just so you know). While she was sick she wasn't eating or drinking anything really, which made me really neurotic and worried all of the time. I think Zoë caught on to my despair and desperation to get her to eat and drink because she threw me this awesome glare when I was hovering.
We are working on walking by offering fruit snacks again. She started walking towards me when I was in the other room one day and I came around the corner to see her five steps away from the couch and still walking my way. I was shocked! So, we working on longer distances and she does seem to be getting more confident, but slowly. She has an OT/PT appointment on Wednesday and I'm sure they'll have suggestions for us to encourage her to keep practicing! She has a new pair of tennies that are awfully adorable on her feet, but she refuses to move when she's got them on. It's hilarious!
Her new obsession is taking things out of containers and putting things into containers. It really doesn't matter what it is, but she does it with everything. Yesterday I kept her busy for a HALF HOUR with four pretzels split up into thirds and a small tupperware container sitting on the floor of the kitchen. She does it with food during a meal, even if the container is just the palm of one of our hands. I'm planning on taking the same small tupperware and some beans on the airplane with us on Saturday to keep her busy.


We're heading to Albuquerque on Saturday to visit Angela and Jed and I'm looking forward to it immensely! I'm glad Zoë's going to get some good quality time with her aunt and uncle, and me too! I feel like the airplane ride will be many times easier than the car ride to Pullman last weekend, plus her own small backpack is already packed with yummy snacks and new toys to keep her busy. The iPad also has some new apps on it for her. Four more wake-ups until Spring Break!



Your blog is just what I needed while I'm sitting up in bed so my stuffy guy can sleep propped up in my lap. I'm in LOVE with her ponytail and the ice cream cone... Sounds like a fun hookey day! Hope she's feeling all better!
ReplyDelete