 |
| This is the only time she held her backpack during the entire trip. |
Leaving last Saturday for Albuquerque could not have been a smoother first plane ride for Zoë. She slept for the first two hours of the three hour flight and then was pretty content eating snacks for the last hour or so. Angela and Jed picked us up from the airport and took us to their home, which was a new one for me to see as they moved since I was last in town. They live in the west-most house in Albuquerque and face the desert, which is pretty and they have a great view of the sunset every day.
 |
| Waiting for our plane to leave Seattle. |
 |
| Easter goodies from Teta. |
 |
| Zoë warmed up to Jax AND Uncle Jed throughout the trip. :) |
 |
| Crazy after-flight hair. |
We spent a couple of mornings at the park in their development and Zoë fell in love with the swings, which was surprising because two weeks ago in Pullman she refused to stay in the swing very long. She also figured out how to launch herself down the slide by scooting herself forward. I guess I know how we're going to be spending our summer vacation.
 |
| Swings are so fun! |
 |
| Learning how to slide on her own. |
Zoë practiced walking every day a lot (for fruit snacks, of course) and I think we can officially say that she's a walker now! It was AMAZING how fast she caught on and now she's walking on her own around the house. She also started pointing to things and grunting as if she's asking what it is that she's pointing at. She has been chattering like crazy and eating like a champ (she chowed down on the tuna and pulled pork Teta served one day, which was a hit). It's crazy, but I feel like she changed from a baby to a toddler in the five days we were gone, and this realization makes me really sad when I take the time to think about it. She's no longer a baby! She's a communicating, walking, curious toddler who gives great kisses and hugs, and I can't believe it.
 |
| Walking down the street with Dad...I'm cool. |
Angela and Jed took us to the aquarium one day, which was beautiful and pretty impressive for ABQ. Zoë loved the fish, as usual.
 |
| Checking out the rays. |
We spent a wonderful afternoon with Jed's parents, Kate and Steve, at their house, and then headed up to the Sandia Crest to enjoy a great view of Albuquerque and beyond.
 |
| Lunch at Kate and Steve's house. |
 |
| Uncle Jed is so FUN! |
 |
| Sisters |
 |
| The view at Sandia Crest |
 |
| More practicing of walking. |
 |
| With Teta, too! |
Finally, the day we left, we went to Santa Fe for lunch and walking around. Zoë did a great job of napping on the car on the way there and back, which made us think that the plane ride home at 7:30pm, right at her normal bedtime, would be easy but...she fought sleep for the first two hours of the flight and insisted in being handed back and forth between me and Chris the entire time. It was rough.
 |
| Playing with the fountains in Santa Fe |
 |
| Add caption |
But, we had a wonderful trip and I miss my sister already. I'm so glad that she and Jed got to spend time with Zoë and we have such great pictures and videos to share with her when she's older of her first trip to Albuquerque.
No comments:
Post a Comment