Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Bunnies and Egg Hunts

Zoë's second Easter was very eventful with all of her new skills.  She's an expert Egg Hunter (they were all laying in a field, to be fair, but she still picked them up and put them in her basket).  She did pretty well walking around in the grass.  She also met the Easter Bunny which did not go as well...she knew what was up while we were standing in line and cried the minute I started to peel her away from me and set her on his lap.  Eh, it makes for a great picture!




Today both of our families came over for brunch which was really fun.  We (thankfully) fit everyone at our kitchen table and I really enjoyed cooking and making a pretty table.
Looking at what the Easter Bunny left her with Dad.

This girl loves her books!





Zoë had a swallow study again last Thursday and unfortunately she'll still need her water and milk thickened until the next one.  Apparently she was aspirating less but still in need of the thickener.  The occupational therapist is going to discuss with Dr. Moore whether or not they need to think about further procedures (read: something more invasive), but she's thinking we can wait until at least the next swallow study since at least it has improved since November.  It's a real bummer since we haven't been thickening her milk or water and she seemed to be doing just fine.  :(  It's such a pain in the butt to thicken everything, but I'm glad it's not much AND I'm not going to worry about it like a crazy person if we happen to be out or going out and don't take thickened water with us (I mean, REALLY...).

Only nine more weeks until summer vacation!  YAHOO!

1 comment:

  1. I love the last picture! :) sounds like a fun Easter! Bummer on the swallow study... At least it's better though!

    ReplyDelete