 |
| One month! |
Oliver is one month old today! And, I'll admit, it felt like the slowest month ever. He is gaining weight like a champ, probably hit the 12 pound mark by now (last Wednesday he was at 11 pounds 12 ounces), and some of his 3 month clothes are getting to be a bit tight (seriously!).
 |
| With his proud big sister. |
We think he's incredibly strong for 4 weeks as he loves to hold his head up and isn't as floppy as we would have imagined. He is also sleeping incredibly well, usually only waking up once or twice in the middle of the night after going to sleep around 8-9pm. We're still working on him sleeping in his crib, so far he's in bed with us with our pillows pushed halfway off the bed to make sure he's safe. :) Last night he slept in his crib the entire night for the first time, but was up much more often than if he were in our bed. He usually takes one nap in his crib each day and I'm beginning to be able to predict his eat, play and sleep schedule. He's a pretty darn easy baby so far, taking after his older sister.
.jpg) |
| I swear he's been smiling at me! |
Speaking of his older sister, she is still continuing to be the best big sister ever. She has mastered the "shhshing" technique, is *mostly* gentle when trying to put his pacifier back into his mouth, and loves to bring him and show him toys when he is hanging out on his play mat.
 |
| I left the room and came back to find her snuggled right up next to him. |
.jpg) |
| Zoë ate an ENTIRE Costco hotdog last week. By herself. |
Frankly, she has been much better behaved and patient with him than she has been with Chris or myself. She has now gone four days potty accident free, too, which has been wonderful. She definitely has been regressing in that area since Oliver was born. I don't think it's because of him, necessarily, I think it's because it's harder with two kids to anticipate when she needs to go (and if I'm nursing Oliver, for example, I can't rush her to the toilet if she needs to go).
Her pet name for Fiona (Fowo) has morphed into "Fona", which made me tear up because it just reminds me that she's growing up. :( OK, maybe I'm a little hormonal, maybe, and tend to to tear up at the smallest of things.
 |
| Cuddling before the storm. |
Last week was our first week of half time daycare, so Zoë was with us Tuesday afternoon and all day Thursday and Friday. Have I mentioned HOW thankful we are for Lesley lately? Tuesday afternoon happened to be my worst fear come true with Zoë home with us in the afternoon. She got really sick, wanted to be held the entire afternoon, which, of course, conflicted with Oliver's need to be held the entire time and be fed, and changed and, everything. I sent Chris the picture below with the caption "Help me" to which he responded "Want me to bring home a blizzard?" and you know it was bad because I just said, "no, I need you home as soon as possible".
 |
| "Help Me" |
Thursday and Friday were much better, though. Thursday was a banner day...I mean EVERYTHING went perfectly. We got out the door and on time to our appointment at the hospital, Zoë didn't melt down ONCE during the day, AND, everybody took a nap at the same time (which meant MOM also napped). It was really quite magical. If every day will be like that one this job will be a cinch. ;)
 |
| Evidence that I got both kids out of the house on time and looking good for our morning appointment. |
Friday we went to the zoo which was fun, but extremely exhausting. Zoë was infatuated with the animals and fed a giraffe (the first time, then she got scared on the second go-round and wouldn't do it). We have a membership to Woodland Park now, so I'm glad that we can go for just a few hours each time (I made it two hours on Friday before I was overwhelmed and had to haul everyone home) without feeling guilty about wasting money on such a short time period. Trying to nurse Oliver out in public is really, really not fun. He is SO huge (I never got to practice on a 7 pound baby, let's be honest) and fighting with layers of fabric and the heat just makes me frazzled and grumpy. I'm hoping this magical feeling of breastfeeding my child kicks in sooner rather than later because I'm going to be honest, I HATE it right now.
 |
| Zoë and Dave the giraffe. |
All in all, it's been a good month! Here are the pictures of Oliver's finished room, too. :)
What a great blog, Emily! Thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDelete