Thursday, June 25, 2015

Milestones

My medal!
Zoë has become so charming.  She talks our ear off at home, at dinner, in the car, everywhere!  She loves to sing the "Hi My Name is Zoë" song from Sesame Street...but it ends up just being "I am Zoë!  I am Zoë!  I am Zoë!" over and over and over again.  She has become a gymnastics superstar and last week they had a end of season "Big Show!" to show of the skills the kids learned all season.  They had an adorable medal ceremony at the end of class and called each kid up to give it to them.  I'm not a huge proponent of the "every kid gets a trophy" mentality but geez, I ate it up.  :)
Zoë and her teacher, Miss Erin
The "Big Show"!



Perfect.


Watching Disney movies together when Zoë was sick.

Forward facing girl
We turned her carseat around in the car to face forward because the seatbelt was digging into her legs.  I cried.  After she came back from gymnastics class with Chris I asked her all about it like I always do and then a few minutes later, totally unsolicited she said, "How's your day, mommy?"  And I cried.  She's growing up so fast and becoming a real person!  She understands the nuances of language more and more every day and every once and a while she says something and Chris and I will look at each other and go, "did she just say__________?"

She has become oh-so-affectionate and loves to give hugs and kisses.  She usually starts with a kiss and then when she leans over to give you a hug will always whisper, "hug" as she does it.  It's adorable.

Panera.  Yum!


Oliver is still smiling and smiling and smiling.  We're working on tummy time (he's not a fan), taking naps in his crib, and he giggled for the first time on Tuesday!  He LOVES to be on the changing table and will coo and giggle for 10-15 minutes there.  He is also starting to roll onto his side to look at objects...I'm hoping rolling over isn't much further behind.

So chill.
Practicing tummy time
He went in for his two month doctor's appointment this week and weighed 15 pounds 4 ounces and is 25 inches in length.  That's above the 97th percentile for both!  It is absolutely crazy to have a baby this big!  His length is like a typical four and a half month old and his weight is like a typical five month old.  No wonder my arm feels like falling off when I carry him in his carseat around.  His doctor says he looks good, strong, and healthy.  He had a fussy day after his shots, but nothing too out of the ordinary and that a few doses of infant tylenol couldn't fix.
Zoë feeding her baby.  :)
My favorite guy on Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment