One week later and our girl eats and sleeps with some regularity. She's even breast feeding three times a day with consistency.
This is what we do on a 2-3 hour rotation:
-Zoë wakes up
-Warm up bottle
-Diaper change (and often outfit change...oh, the spit up!)
-Feed Zoë
-Hold her for 30-45 minutes to let her digest her food to minimize the spit up
-Lay her down in her crib for 30 minutes to an hour
-Do it again!!!
Now that that's written out, I see why it feels like we have accomplished nothing all day. Chris and I make a list of things we accomplished every day in the evening...it's usually short. :)
I'm still worried about her eating, and now I'm worried about breast feeding. What if she NEVER gives up the nipple shield (it's a pain in the you-know-what)? How long before she can breast feed and NOT need the supplemental bottle afterwards? What the heck am I going to do out in public when I can't use the Boppy pillow to prop her up? She's still congested, but doesn't seem as bothered by it when we lay her down. She is the NOISIEST little girl when she's sleeping. The grunting and whimpering and sighing is out of control! Is she getting enough good sleep? When she's in our arms she's completely silent, but not so much in her crib.
Here is a fashion show of some of Zoë's outfits in the past week (I can' stop taking pictures!!!):

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWe've got direct orders to use the shield from her therapists, but thanks.
DeleteMy apologies if that seemed rude:(
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete