Today Zoë is five months old, I can't even believe it. This little peanut (oh my...I SWORE while I was pregnant I would not call our child that!) is changing by the day!
She has definitely found her hands and has them in her mouth every chance she can get. I SWEAR she is so close to a true giggle. She does an adorable silent laugh that looks like it takes a lot of work so she's got to be nearly there. She loves to look around and most times would rather look around than face inward when we hold her. She can follow people across the room and even smiles at me in the mirror in the car (while I'm NOT driving, Chris!).
Five days ago I would tell you that she hated tummy time. I timed her on Tuesday while we were practicing and she hit 8 minutes, twice as long as she had ever done it before! That resulted in a very excited text to Chris at work. On Wednesday at baby group at VMC she stayed content on her tummy for a while just scanning the room. Lots to look at, I think. Also on Wednesday I noticed that she was kicking with her right foot into the ground and craning her neck to the left at whatever she wanted to look at. It looked like she was trying to flip over to see whatever she could! I had never seen her do that and since then she does it every time she's laying on her back. I'm sure she's a ways away from rolling from her back to her tummy, but it seemed like progress to me! We've been practicing every day. Here's a video. Oh, and yes, we practice on the floor, too, this just happened to be on the squishy bed.
She's still sleeping a good 7-8 hours every night, eating really well, and does pretty well when her routine is off (we spent the morning at Nelsen on Thursday with lots of people and noise, she did ok, slept a lot in the Moby!). I can't wait to see what she does before her six month picture, it seems like she is changing so fast!
This summer is going to be a fun one!
 |
| Taking after her dad. |
 |
| Weekly run to the Farmer's Market. |
 |
| Poor neglected puppy...even when we go on a run it's not the same when we get home, is it? |
 |
| Dad and Zoë at lunch after Connor's graduation. |
 |
| At Connor's graduation party. |
 |
| My little gangster. |
 |
| Practicing tummy time at playgroup. |
 |
| More pouting from Fiona. |
 |
| Are you talking to me?! |
So Cute! She'll be rolling before you know it, then you won't be able to keep her on her tummy!
ReplyDeleteHer progress is really wonderful. You guys are the best parents this little sweetie could possibly have had! GGrandma Carol
ReplyDelete